Taken from a little side project for a client who just wanted a simple website without any heavy requirements, I want to give you the little template engine I created and more importantly the static HTML approach I exercised: Simple Page
First of all, feel free to look into the demo.
To keep things simple, I didn’t implement nested templates or any logic, like iterations. That way the whole HTML template could fit into one file and the template engine stays rudimentary. Furthermore I wanted to avoid email interaction, for now. That’s why logging to a text file should be a good enough start.
- static website for simple, multiple pages
- optimized style for all display sizes
- custom form input styles
And when using PHP:
- user inputs are stored into a local text file
- security token when sending data to fight bots/spam
- i18n - see the “/languages” directory
If you are interested in the static page file, please just use the save feature of your browser.